Tiger in Stanislavsky Electrotheatre
Treasure Island, Pirate Show!
Martin J Cooke leader, stage director, actor
Chloe St Clair Stannard actress
Daniel Medvedev teacher, actor
Marja Pylkas actress
The bananas were born at an exact moment in time, April 23rd 2012, Shakespeare’s birthday and the National day of England – In the event we were invited to the British International School situated near Academicheskaya to perform our (literally) legendary version of George and The Dragon. It was such a fantastic occasion, the children were epic! They literally went crazy for our wonderful show! It was like a Sex Pistols concert! We loved it and we literally haven’t stopped doing children’s theatre since that day.
Now it is 2016 and we have a growing repertoire of shows from “the tiger who came to tea” to William Shakespeare’s Macbeth! We are so proud of our achievements and we are still having an amazing time creating our shows. The key thing is that we started doing the shows because these stories were the ones which I was reading to my own children – my little boy, Freddie is two years old now and he knows the Gruffalo by heart - but my older son, Arthur Tikhon Cooke, he’s nearly 8 and he is already interested in Shakespeare – so let 2016 being eh 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's passing mark the passing of our famous flying banana project from one stage of growth to the next – and long may it continue as I try to keep pace with my own family’s development and our organic and homely theatre company reflects this marvelous journey. What larks Pip! What larks!
We see ourselves working at every level of the community; in peoples homes and in public places. Through schools, libraries and theatre spaces we aim to reach as many people as possible with our dedicated principles of active creativity.
To Play Is To Be! We want to share our realization that drama and play are essential for developing and maintaining a healthy mind, body and soul. Theatre exercises are also the best way to develop language through action!
Why choose us?
We are the only full time, professional and dedicated children's theatre service in Moscow. We have been established for ten years. We have an impeccable reputation and a wealth of experience. We use the best native speaking drama teachers and actors and our philosophy is decidedly child-centred.
- Indeed! Kids held an endless pillow fight. It was fun, though. Thank you very much for the show! We all enjoyed it very much!
Valeria Lavrova , visitor
- Many thanks for your representation today. It was the cheerful holiday not only for our girl who isn't present also two years yet and other children, but also and for us, adult. We wait for a new meeting with you.
Elena Romana, visitor
- Kids will never fall out of love with your performances you let them do what they love doing the most !!! Participate and have fun!!! Good idea rely on kids' reviews and this casual homelike atmosphere too is exactly what conventional performances for kids lack!!!! Hahaha 'audience died' a good one liked that :-)))))))
Oksana Shevchenko, visitor
- I had a chance to see Stick Man with my little daughter, and we both enjoyed it a lot. It's a very impressive and really amazing performance, very professionally arranged and acted - and now I'm a fan of this Theatre.
Natalia Lazareva, visitor
- Thank you guys! We really enjoyed the story and nice family atmosphere of your theatre! Entertainment before and after was just what we need. The sandart was something what impressed me the most as a parent ) We'll definetely come again! The only thing my daughter missed was a big scary gruffalo... If you make a gruffalo costume will be brilliant! Thank you again! P.S. ...yeah, "and the mouse was good"!!!